Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Debt and the Doormat by Laura Barnard




  Poppy and Jazz have been best friends ever since they became adults. Through thick and thin, they've stuck by each other no matter what. Boy, are things about to get thick.
  Poppy was recently dumped by her long-time boyfriend, and she's kind of a doormat. Jazz spends money without thinking about it, and she is in a bit of debt...
  Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce our Debt and Doormat.
  Things are completely falling apart for our dynamic duo, and there is really only one obvious solution... They have to trade lives, apartments, and guidelines with each other. Now Poppy decides what Jazz does with her life, and Jazz gets to pick and choose what Poppy does as well.
  Nothing can go wrong, right?
  This book had me laughing so hard at times, I cried!
  Poppy is such a mess, I was shaking and slapping my head when I wasn't crying from laughing hysterically.
  The Debt and the Doormat is a decently large book, almost five hundred pages, but it was so entertaining and Poppy's misadventures were such an enjoyable train-wreck, I enjoyed every minute- AND I wanted more as soon as it was over.
  I can only compare Laura Barnard's stories to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. That's how funny they were. Laura Barnard's The Debt and the Doormat and The Baby and the Bride are now my go-to "happy books." These are books that I will read when I need something light, fluffy, and completely entertaining.
  I cannot wait to get back to Jazz and Poppy's story, and see where these two wacky girls go next!
  

ebook
 

No comments:

Post a Comment