Monday, October 6, 2014

The Cuckoo's Calling and The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith






  Who doesn't love a good murder mystery?
  Deep down, we all do, but no one loves a good mystery like Cormoran Strike, private investigator. Cormoran is a little down in the dumps after his fiance, the love of his life, cheated on him. He is left to pack his things and live in his office (which is possibly the most inconvenient place to live), but Cormoran's business is about to turn around when a super model's brother walks into his office and presents a case.
  His sister's suicide may in fact have been a murder.
  Cormoran figures he might as well take this case because a) he is incredibly intrigued by it, and b) he needs the money. With the help of his new secretary, Robin, Cormoran is quite unstoppable.
  He will find this young super model's murderer.
  Of course I loved this book. Of course I spent many a night flipping through The Cuckoo's Calling's pages as I anxiously awaited the answer to who killed this poor girl. Or was it only a suicide? Or was she coerced into falling to her death?
  That's what I wanted to find out!
  Of course I put the book down with a mixed reaction of "How did I not know?" "I kind of knew" and "I TOTALLY didn't see that coming!"
  That's what good books do to you, and my friends, this was a good book.
  If you're anything like me, you will absolutely fall head over heels in love with Cormoran and Robin. Their partnership is unbeatable, their chemistry is unlike any other, and together they form one of the most incredible partnerships in literary history.
  When I plan my fictional dinner party, these two are DEFINITELY invited. (Along with Lisbeth Salander, Mikael Blomkvist, Atticus Finch, Jane Eyre, Mr Rochester, Severus Snape, Professor Dumbledore, Augustus Waters, and more.)
  Which reminds me, The Cuckoo's Calling has a very Girl with the Dragon Tattoo feel to it. Irresistible intrigue, mystery, violence, action, and adventure that will leave you salivating for more.
  And that's where The Silkworm comes in.
  I won't spoil that plot for you, just in case you pick up The Cuckoo's Calling shortly after you finish reading this book review (which I implore you--please do), so I'll just skip to my thoughts on the book...
  The Silkworm is, in my opinion, just as amazing as The Cuckoo's Calling, if not better.
  These books are irresistible, but if there's one thing I regret, it is not reading them slower.
  When am I going to get book three??



Book                                ebook 
           



Book                                 ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment