Saturday, July 9, 2016

Kill Me Again by Rachel Abbott






  Rachel Abbott's Kill Me Again is the most recent DCI Tom Douglas book to be released, and I have to say, I think it is my favorite.
  Maggie Taylor is an average woman, with an average house, and an average family that she loves dearly. Everything seems quaint and normal as usual, until Maggie comes home to find her husband missing, her children alone, and her husband's necessities gone.
  Is he in trouble? Does he have a secret life he's hiding from her? Was he kidnapped? Maggie has no idea, and no inkling as to what happened...until she starts to receive threatening phone calls, and the news channels start to show pictures of women who have been murdered.
  Together, Tom Douglas' and her stories will intertwine, and solve a mystery that will hopefully put a stop to the frequent deaths in her little town.
  This book had me constantly guessing. As soon as I thought I was sure of how the book would end, Ms Abbott would throw another curve into the story, and I would have to reevaluate my assessments. In addition to that, Kill Me Again is one of the first books recently to actually have me jumping in my seat. There were certain parts of this book that had me so on edge, I had to keep looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was creeping up behind me.
  This book is good. Very, very good.
  And without saying too much, I will have to say that the ending of this particular novel had me bumping my rating of it from a four to a five. Yeah, it's that good.



Book                               ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment