Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Unforgiven by Stephanie Erickson






  Oh, boy. I don't think I've waited for a book like this to come out in quite a while. Ever since I read, finished, and LOVED Stephanie Erickson's Unseen, I have been anxiously waiting for Unforgiven, book two in the series.
  But thankfully, my wait is over! (Actually my wait was over a few days ago, because I was lucky enough to receive an advance review copy from Ms Erickson, so really I am one lucky duck.) 
  I think, although I was excited for this book to come out, there was a part of me that was afraid book two wouldn't be as magical as book one. It wouldn't capture my attention, and I would simply fall out of love with the series (which has actually happened before with some series that should have stayed novels, IMO). 
  I was wrong. Very, very wrong. 
  In Unforgiven, Mackenzie, "Mac," Day is heartbroken after some terrible news that she received at the end of Unseen. But Mac's sadness quickly turns to anger against the ones responsible for this tragedy, and the Unseen's enemy, the Potestas. 
  This is where we are when we begin Unforgiven. 
  This book was beautiful. It's odd to call it beautiful, because this book does start an all out war between the Unseen and the Potestas, but it just is. In Unforgiven, we get a first hand insight into the minds of mind readers, the walls they build up to protect their defenses, and the dark secret each Unseen has been hiding since the day of their initiation. 
  The way Ms Erickson created this universe of the Unseen is phenomenal. It's books like Stephanie Erickson's that renew your love of reading and remind you of why you became a reader in the first place. You read books like Unforgiven, and this wonderful, magical world surrounds you, and you think, "Yes. This is right where I need to be." 



Book                                 ebook
           

No comments:

Post a Comment