Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Legacy of Hunger by Christy Nicholas






  Young Valentia McDowell has decided that it is time for her to leave her home in Ohio, and venture to Ireland in pursuit of her distant relatives and a mysterious family heirloom.
  But Valentia is unaware of what dire straits await her in 1846 Ireland. She receives more than she bargains for in The Legacy of Hunger, and she may not come out of this quest completely unscathed.
  I went into this story not knowing what to expect. I was approached by the author to read her book, and after I was provided a short synopsis of the story, I deemed it interesting enough to pick up and review.
  By the first chapter, I was intrigued. I didn't need time adjusting to the writing or anything of the sort, it was quite similar to love at first sight. I didn't want to build my expectations too high, but I was hoping that this particular story would be mesmerizing throughout. I was not disappointed.
  From the very first page, to the very last, I was sold. This book is a winner. Valentia's growth as a character was so subtle and clever, the effect didn't even completely make an impact on me until the last chapter. When it did, I had to take a moment and congratulate the author, Christy Nicholas, in my head for a job well done. Ms Nicholas' research for this book was very impressive. The amount of detail and love she put into her story is noticeable and very honorable. Positive praise for The Legacy of Hunger must be noted, because it is well deserved.
  As time ages this story in my head (like a fine wine), I may have to alter my rating from a four star to a five. Time will tell in the end, but I promise I will be thinking about this book for a long time.
  By the "#1" indicator next to the book's description on Amazon, I'm assuming The Legacy of Hunger is the first of several books in this series. I'm glad. I will read on, and enjoy every minute of it.
  I pray the books that follow will be as wonderful as book one.



ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment