Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman by Robin Gregory






  Moojie is unlike any other being in this world. Descended from an unknown place, Moojie was set in this world with crooked legs, barely any capability of speech, and a heart full of love.
  But as Moojie grows older, he feels out of place. He is searching for unconditional love to mend his spirit, but will he ever find it? Is anyone in his life capable of loving Moojie the way he deserves? His quest will find the answer to that.
  His quest for love, and his quest for acceptance in this world.
  The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman by Robin Gregory is unlike any other book I've read. This book confounded me and entranced me at the same time. I read this book with "I really may come out of this reading experience not liking this book, but I can't stop reading it" continuously running through my head.
  After much internal arguing, deep thinking, and decision-making, I've come to the conclusion that this book was not my cup of tea, but it should be read. Not unlike that book you read in high school that didn't capture your interest throughout, but you still think of to this day.
  The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman needs to sit. It needs to be mentally digested. I think that's why it took me so long to sit down and review it. I needed to make sure I wrote down the right things, and got my opinion of this book across and in a way where it was complimentary to the author, without feigning my true opinions.
  I've decided to give this book a four out of five. It wasn't one of my favorite reads, but I would be lying if I said I came out of this not loving Moojie. This book had a beautiful message. In many ways this book reflects Moojie, but one message in particular sums up their comparison perfectly.
  You may be put off by someone at first glance, but when you look deep inside, there will always be an underlying beauty to be discovered.



Book                               ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment