Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Atancia by Wren Figueiro



  This is the story of a young lady, Atancia, and her newly discovered ability to transfer a life force-type energy from person to person. This ability comes from being a Durand. Atancia has just learned about her ability from Ben, a beautiful specimen of a man, and she could not be more overwhelmed. But Atancia soon begins to embrace her powers and rediscover who she is...and may finally find out where her mother disappeared to so long ago.
  Just finishing the novel, I can tell you that Atancia could easily become a New York Times Bestselling book. I could see it quickly becoming a book as popular and talked about as City of Bones, The Hunger Games or Twilight.
  Wren Figueiro's writing is easy to read. It sucks you in. The characters have no irritating little tendencies like running a hand through their hair or using annoying phrases...her characters are just...normal. Atancia is your every day girl (Durand powers aside). She's awkward, she's not overly popular, she's not in the "scene" group, she's just Atancia. And that's why I love her so much.
  As the story progresses, her Durand powers strengthen and so does her relationship with Ben.
  Even though I've just finished the book, I'm already begging for more. Rumor has it that a sequel will be out soon, but I don't think I can wait that long. When I say I could see Atancia making it to the top Bestsellers list, I say it because I believe it has all of the right elements. It has all the right ingredients to make a brilliant and irresistible book: 1) A strong main character, but not strong enough to be irritating. 2) A relationship that doesn't make you want to roll your eyes. (Which is borderline impossible for most books with romance in them.) And 3) A plot that is relatable and can appeal to all audiences.
  But Atancia is different. It's a diamond in the rough, it's a treasure to behold, and I'm more than ecstatic to see where Wren Figueiro's story takes me next.
  

 ebook
 

No comments:

Post a Comment