Monday, November 18, 2013

Mute by Brian Bandell



  I love murder mysteries, I love murder mysteries, I love murder mysteries!
  Murder/crime books always have their readers on their toes, anticipating what will come next as they flip to the next page with eager fingers. That's just what Brian Bandell has accomplished with his novel, Mute.
  Like most mystery novels, Mute slowly eases you into its plot and introduction of the main characters like a child testing the waters of a swimming pool with their toes. But quickly, the plot escalates and things begin to get real. Someone is stalking the lagoons of Brevard County, Florida and neatly decapitating innocent victims with unnatural precision.
  At the latest lagoon crime scene, two bodies are found (a man and a woman)...a far bit away from their heads, and the only person to have witnessed a thing is their eight year-old daughter, Mariella, who won't speak a word.
  Now Monique "Moni" Williams has taken the child under her wing, hoping that Mariella will open up and help them catch this heartless killer.
  But this process may not be as easy as it seems.
  I've got to tell you, this book had my heart racing! There was so much going on, there was never a dull moment. Mute was also beautifully written and incredibly easy to get sucked into. As I read it, I kept thinking, "I could see this going where Gone Girl is now" popularity-wise.
  I wish there were more to Moni and Mariella's story, but honestly with the way it ended, I don't think Brian Bandell could have wrapped up the story any more beautifully than he did.
  If you're looking for a good suspenseful novel with a twist that'll knock your socks off, pick up a copy of Mute.
  

 Book                                ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment