Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Gemini by Wes McCloud





  Gemini is the second book I have read by Mr McCloud, and if I didn't know any better, I'd say it's my favorite of his and will continue to be no matter how many of his books I read. (Although, I won't put it past him to write even more amazing plots.)
  Gemini was...amazing. Gemini is the very epitome of an unpolished gemstone. Like a diamond, all it needs is some investment, some tender loving care, some polish and cutting, and you have yourself a New York Times Bestseller.
  Gemini's plot is absolutely flawless. I found myself falling into loopholes, getting blindsided by plot twists and turns, and getting slapped in the face with sudden realizations so much that I felt as if I were actually in Wes' book.
  While moving across the country this past month, I didn't have very much time for reading, but thankfully I had Wes McCloud's Gemini to keep me company and to leave me breathless. This book is wonderful.
  When Samantha Paige comes across a mysterious book and a mysterious man on the very edge of her 20th birthday, her life takes a turn for the worst, quicker than anyone can say "Happy Birthday." The book mystifies Sam and captivates her very being, but she knows deep down that there's something very wrong with it...and the mysterious man that's hunting her and the book.
  Sam brushes away her instincts and follows her recklessness in opening said book and unleashes a world of terror.
  Demons, mountain movers, and the like start to terrorize her town and demolish the only world she's ever known...but only she, and she alone, can put it back to the way it was supposed to be.
  Of course that's a fabulous plot! Amazing enough to draw readers in, but what they don't expect is a story and backstory beyond their imagination. I don't know what I was expecting when I picked up Gemini, perhaps a book I only would come to like, but when I read it, it exceeded my expectations and left me at a loss for words.
  Apologies to Mr McCloud who had to deal with my "Oh my God"s as soon as I finished his book, but what does he expect? It was amazing, and he should know what kind of remarkable stories he's writing.
  As I said, Gemini will need a bit of cutting and polishing (gemstone mining speak). But Gemini is a book I could easily see sitting beside some of my favorites at the chain bookstore on the New York Times Bestselling shelf.
  Wes McCloud knows that I will most certainly read more of his work (and soon, I'll add), but I'm saying this now...it's going to be difficult to beat Newt and Neembo.



Book                                ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment