Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Thopmson Sisters and Rachel's Peril Series by Charles Sheehan-Miles







"Everything I've ever believed is upside down."


  When I first launched The Literary Connoisseur, fresh out of the box, I was already a fan of Charles Sheehan-Miles' work. I had already fallen in love with Just Remember to Breathe, his Thompson Sisters novel about Alex and Dylan, and I was hooked for good.
  I quickly dove into A Song for Julia and The Last Hour (which I still haven't forgiven Charles for), and loved them just as much, or even more so than Just Remember to Breathe. In fact, The Last Hour made its way up my favorite books ever read list, even though it tore me apart emotionally, physically, and mentally. But aren't the best books like that? It takes a pretty amazing author to get such a reaction from their readers, doesn't it? It takes real writing talent. Charles has it. Charles has IT. 
  When I heard that he was expanding the world of the Thompson Sisters, and adding Girl of Lies to his life-changing books quota, I was thrilled.
  I was excited, I was nervous, I was anxious, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.
  Of course Girl of Lies was incredible. Would I expect any less from one of my all-time favorite authors ever to publish a book?
  No? That's what I thought.
  Now, I don't normally do this with books, but once Girl of Rage came out (the second Rachel's Peril book, the Thompson Sisters/Rachel's Peril book you must read 5th), I didn't read it right away. As much as I wanted to put down the book I was currently reading to devour it, I was diligent.
  I was going to wait until Girl of Vengeance came out, so I could seriously ignore everyone around me and binge-read the Charles Sheehan-Miles books I had not yet torn apart and put blood, sweat, and tears into reading.
  I waited, and boy was it well worth it.
  You are lucky, because you don't have to wait! It was torture. Honestly, torture.
  But it was well worth it, I tell you.
  I cannot even begin to tell you how I felt when I realized I was done with the Rachel's Peril series. It felt like someone had taken a chunk out of my heart, and the only way to get it back was to reread Charles' books. His books will stick with you forever and ever.
  I once said in a review for Lindy Zart's Unlit Star that her book wasn't a favorite review request or Indie book of mine, it was a favorite book of mine altogether in the world of literature.
  Charles' books are the exact same way. His Thompson Sisters series and his Rachel's Peril series raised the bar, and bumped their way up to one of my favorite series ever. They're up there with books I've fallen in love with over the years. Charles' books are ready to be read by billions of readers across the world and land themselves on the New York Times Bestselling list.
  They're that exceptional.
  I feel as if it is my duty to personally recommend this series to anyone and everyone looking for a read to captivate them until the very last page. And then some, because I'm still hooked on the series even though I've "technically" finished them.
  Seriously. I know I rave about a lot of books (because, well, it's in my nature), but you SERIOUSLY need to read these six books. (And the novella, Falling Stars. But I'll get to that later.)
  Charles' books are amazing, and he is one of the sweetest people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. He's an angel, and his genuine nature is reflected in his work.
  I am in love with Charles Sheehan-Miles' work. I will read anything and everything he writes, period. His writing is pure poetry and beauty in the most stunning of ways. His story is original, and his backstory is irresistible; I've never read anything like it before in my life. His characters are so real, you feel pain when they feel pain, you cry when they cry, and they're so realistic, they are moments away from coming through the page.
  I don't know why these books aren't more popular, but believe me, I will continue to be stubborn and headstrong until the world knows Charles' name and the stories he writes.
  These books are amazing. I wish I could read them again for the first time. If you can do that now, consider yourself a lucky duck and do it. You won't regret it.
  (Warning: Time spent binge-reading this series will take away from social life, cooking, cleaning, and every day normal schedules.)



Read the Series in Order:



















































Or buy the boxed sets...



























About Charles

Charles Sheehan-Miles has been a soldier, computer programmer, short-order cook and non-profit executive, and is the author of more than a dozen fiction and non-fiction books, including the indie bestsellers Just Remember to Breathe and Republic: A Novel of America’s Future. He is a member of The Authors Guild and the Association of Independent Authors.
Charles and his partner Andrea Randall live and write together in South Hadley, Massachusetts.



No comments:

Post a Comment