Friday, September 20, 2013

Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans



  Now, Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 is an interesting one. I originally heard of Michael Vey when Richard Paul Evans announced that he was going on tour and stopping in Florida (which just so happens to be the first time I ever went to The Vero Beach Book Center). I was a fan of his adult novel, The Christmas Box (which I'll review closer to Christmas) and was more than thrilled to hear that he was coming to my neck of the woods.
  I went to the book signing in Vero Beach, which was one of his stops on the Michael Vey tour, met him in person and absolutely fell in love. Richard Paul Evans is one of the sweetest and most charming men I've ever met! He's so family oriented, so sweet, so loving and so very funny!
  Since the book tour was for the Michael Vey release, I had not had the chance the actually start the book, but after his introduction and short description of what the book was about, I was more than intrigued.
  I started the book, read all the way through (as I always do with a book, whether I like it or dislike it) and finished it within a day or so. The book was entertaining and fun, but very...innocent. I should have expected that it was going to be benign after his passionate explanation of WHY he doesn't like violence in YA books, when I saw him in person.
  So when I originally rated Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25, I rated it a three out of a five...I liked it. I didn't love it, I didn't dislike it, I just liked it. I was entertained, but it didn't have that "WOW" factor for me...
  ...and then I read the second one, Michael Vey: Rise of the Elgen.
  When I started the second Michael Vey, I was expecting it to be just like the first one; fun, but not amazing. I was wrong. The second one had me flipping the pages so fast I was sure I was getting paper cuts, but I didn't care- I HAD to know what happened! The second book had my heart thumping, my palms sweating and my lip caught in between my teeth in fear that something horrible was going to happen to one of my favorite characters.
  I know, a lot of books have that effect on me. I tend to be a little involved with what my characters are currently going through. But the second Michael Vey had me hooked, and now I'm so very excited to get started on number three- Michael Vey: Battle of the Ampere (which JUST came out)!


  Book                                ebook
            

No comments:

Post a Comment