Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Songbook for Haunted Boys and Girls by Wayne McNeill



  Songbook for Haunted Boys and Girls is a story of life, love, learning and meaningful memories that will leave an impression on you for as long as you live. Wayne McNeill tells you of his experiences with romance, unique customers in a bookshop, friendships, new and old and lasting conversations, and all in poetry form.
  I'm honored to say that I've spoken with Wayne McNeill (about his book, book reviews and even birthdays) personally, and he's as- or even more- charming than he is on paper. I absolutely fell in love with him while reading Songbook for Haunted Boys and Girls and after I finished it, I'll admit, I totally fangirled.
  His book is very enlightening. It'll open your mind, heart and soul to thinking about things you might not normally take the time to think about. He has a way with words...almost as if his book wasn't written in poetic form, it would be poetry regardless.
  Although I own a Kindle copy of the book (and you all know how I feel about reading on my Kindle), it's so insightful, I no doubt see myself buying the paper copy and picking it up to reread almost every day. I'm sure, no matter how many times I read it, I'd find new things that I missed reading the first time around.
  I find it amazing that authors of poetry can relay so much in so few words...more than some authors can do in 500, fully-packed pages. Poetry is so moving and when an author, like Wayne McNeill, puts personal stories and adventures in there, it makes it ten times more incredible.
  This book was very short, but I'm a firm believer in judging it by not how long it is, but by the emotional and touching substance that's in its pages...and since I'm judging it based on that, Songbook for Haunted Boys and Girls gets a gold star.

  Book                                ebook
            

No comments:

Post a Comment