Sunday, September 29, 2013

Blade of Amber by A.M. Justice



  Blade of Amber is one of my favorite books in the world. Period- no doubt about it. When I first began it, it quickly stole my heart and took a place on my "This is a great book!" list. Then as I progressed through the story, I fell more and more in love with it until it hit my top fifteen favorites list, and now possibly my top ten.
  From the very first paragraph of Blade of Amber, from the very beginning of the story, I fell absolutely head over heels in love with A.M. Justice's writing. I was intrigued, captivated and most definitely interested in the story and where it was going to take me.
  I feel like I shouldn't even go into the plot, or tell you the story line because I don't feel that this book should be placed in a genre or category, and then have it be judged by its plot. I personally would classify this book as fantasy, which is not my typical forte- at all. That makes me so absolutely thankful I went into the story without knowing the plot and the genre, so I could go into it without any preconceived notions.
  As I read it (and got to new, intense and brilliant scenes) I would put my Kindle down and frantically look around to see if there was anyone I could talk to about it! I would talk to my friends and say, "There's this book that I'm reading and-" they would then interrupt me and say, "I know, Blade of Amber by A.M. Justice. You told me about it yesterday!" So now I've officially made it my goal in life to have my friends and loved ones read this book so I can talk with them about it.
  It's very rare that I read a book and I fall in love with the characters and plot so quickly...normally when I read a book, I jump to character conclusions unreasonably early. For instance, I often feel that the women are too whiny and superficial, and typically the men always make me think, "This isn't what a real man is like, this is what the author wants men to be like." But with Blade of Amber...this book touched me so emotionally...I just couldn't get over it. I'm going on twenty-four hours of being done with the book and I STILL have a book hangover. (Becca's Book Hangover: When I can't completely get out of the previous book's fictional world and everything I look at reminds me of the story and characters.)
  The only thing left to say about Blade of Amber is, I hope one day I can grab a paper copy, meet A.M. Justice in person and tell her how much I appreciate her writing Vic, Ashel and Earnk's story.


Book

2 comments: