Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Messenger by Mindy Haig



  The Messenger is a wonderfully beautiful and enchanting read.
  Going into the story without knowing the genre or plot, I was very intrigued to find out what exactly was going to occur and why. Who is Sammael, and why is his memory so...powerfully curious? The title is The Messenger: Sammael's Lost Memory, but with the events that happen throughout the chapters, you really don't realize why it's titled that and the significance behind it until the very end.
  But now that I've finished it and gone between reading and rereading the title over and over again, and rereading the last chapter, the name of the book has a whole new meaning and effect on me. (Especially after those last two chapters...)
  In 1962 Albany, Georgia, Sammael- or Carlo Ambrosi as he introduces himself to everyone around him- finds himself compelled to meet "The Messenger" and find out if this was truly his father's work (which he must defy). But instead he finds himself face to face with a soul that he's wronged so many years ago, over and over again...in many different lifetimes.
   After I finished this book, I stood up, set the book down and said, "Well, I didn't expect THAT to happen!" In no way do I mean this to sound negative whatsoever. An ending like this one leaves quite an impression, therefore it stays with you and sticks in your mind for the next...oh...hour or day or so.
  The Messenger is a very short read (page-wise it's about 70 pages long) but when I read it I savored it. I worked on it for three days, just making sure that it was being mentally absorbed properly.
  It's a very spiritually enlightening read, not in an overwhelming sense, but in a way that it makes you ponder about the prosperous spirituality in life. I'm very glad I read this book and I look forward to starting Mindy Haig's next story, Glory.


ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment