Monday, October 21, 2013

The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler



  It's the late nineties when the story begins and we meet Emma, who narrates the first chapter. She's just gotten her first computer and CD-ROM, and she's found something interesting... Located on the CD-ROM is her Facebook page, fifteen years later. Emma has found out her future and her ex-best friend Josh's future, completely by accident.
  But now that she's seen it, she can't un-see it...and she's very unhappy.
  When I first heard of The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler, it was at a Carrie Ryan book signing. (Carrie Ryan, the author of The Forest of Hands and Teeth.) The end of the book signing came, and Ms. Ryan's rep started pulling names out of a hat for prizes (autographed books and the like), and- long story short- I won an autographed, advanced reader's copy of The Future of Us.




  I was hesitant about this new book, mainly because I didn't care for the previous story I'd read by Jay Asher. (I'd read novels by Carolyn Mackler as well, but adored those.) But hey, I'm always willing to try new books! So I put it on my TBR list, and about two months later (when I could actually GET to it), I finally read it.
  I LOVED it! I absolutely loved it. I, of course, didn't love it as much as my top fifteen or twenty favorite books, but I thoroughly enjoyed the story, and both authors' writing.
  This book kept me entertained the whole way through! It was a short read, but it was a lot of fun and very sentimental.
  I recommend this YA book to anyone looking for a fun, light and sweet read. I enjoyed it and I hope you do too!


Book                                ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment