Saturday, October 12, 2013

Emerge by S.E. Hall



  If I were to use one phrase to describe Emerge by S.E. Hall, it would be "Abuse my emotions and rip out my heart, why don't you??" But in a good way.
  Emerge was the book equivalent to a relationship that would have me tossing and turning in bed at night, but would also have me swooning and chomping at the bit for more. This book, these characters, these chapters and this story altogether had my emotions constantly going.
  Emerge was my emotional addiction.
  At one point I'd swoon, at another I'd bite my lip from trying to keep the tears in, and so on.
  Laney Walker is a charismatic and lovable main character who has fallen for her best friend, Evan, after he professes his love for her. But when they both set off to different colleges, will their love stay strong enough to last through their separation?
  As I read this book, I felt as if *I* personally were going through the relationship problems that Laney was going through. Normally when I read romances, or YA romances, I make up my mind about the male characters from the very beginning. Do I like him or not? But with Emerge, I felt as emotionally conflicted (or maybe even more so, since I had no control over the choices she made!) as Laney.
  I kept saying to myself, "What would I do in Laney's situation?" and inevitably, the answer always came back "Geez, I don't know. Let's see what Laney does!"
  By the end of the book, I was a bit of an emotional puddle on my chair. I didn't know what do to with myself! S.E. Hall's story affected me THAT much.
  Now, I'm off to go find the sequel. Thank goodness there's a sequel- I NEED MORE!



Book                                ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment