Friday, October 25, 2013

An Uncommon Love by M.J. Schiller



  There could not be a more suitable name for this novel, An Uncommon Love by M.J. Schiller. It is the story of the forbidden love between Princess Adriana and the "filthy commoner" (as the King calls him), Seth Hobbes.
  After Seth is sentenced to interrogation and death for attacking one of the King's guards, Adriana comes to the conclusion that she can't bear to see this poor man tortured to death, and steps in, asking for mercy on his life.
  Meanwhile, she is betrothed to Garin, a sergeant in her father's military, and her best friend since the day she was born. But when Seth comes to Adriana and thanks her for saving his life, she realizes that a life with Garin would be less than satisfactory. She gets a taste of the real world, a real family and true love with Seth, and she doesn't want to come back to her father's throne.
  When I start romances, I always put them in the same stereotypical category. There's typically too much romance, an over-abundance of- ahem- physical relations, and not enough plot to make me want to come back for more.
  When I started An Uncommon Love, I turned to my mother and said, "This author has a knack for writing." As I read on, I realized I was right. From now on, whenever I read a romance novel that I dislike, I will say that it is lacking what M.J. Schiller's story had.
  An M.J. Schiller romance novel has everything a romance novel SHOULD have: A strong female character, a lovable yet frustrating love interest (but not frustrating enough to make you want to toss the book/ereader out the window), funny moments that make you fall even deeper in love with the plot and a Happily Ever After that'll make you swoon.
  I thoroughly enjoyed An Uncommon Love and I will suggest it to anyone craving that perfect fairy tale ending.

ebook

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca- Thank you so much for your kind words! It is such an amazing feeling for an author when their book is well-received. I loved Seth and Adrianna's story so much I wanted to share it, and to have you enjoy it too is incredibly rewarding. It is also incredible to find people who are willing to review for others, who offer their time and talent freely to help readers and writers. Thank you for all of your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's was really my pleasure, M.J.! I adored Adriana and Seth's story very much and I was more than thrilled to share my love of it with the world. Thank you again for contacting me, and please know that I'll be willing to help you out with anything else you need in the future! Best wishes and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete