Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Camelia by Dianna Dann



  I don't even know where to begin in writing my thoughts on Dianna Dann's Camelia. Maybe I should start with the book's synopsis and how I initially came across the book, so by the time I'm finished with that, everything will have come together enough for me to form proper thoughts.
  Camelia is not our main character- nor is she the narrator, for that matter. When you start the novel Camelia, you're not entirely sure who she even is yet. But you know that she, and her story, are very key in our narrator and main character Eunice's (or April, as she prefers), life and pain.
  Like The Fault in Our Stars, I'm hesitant to go TOO much into the plot for fear of it impacting the reader's opinion of the novel before they even start it. So I'll just say what I can and hope that you take my suggestion, and pick up a copy of Camelia.
  The author, Dianna Dann, contacted me and asked if I would read her novel. I said, "Of course" and a week or so later, I had an autographed copy of her book waiting for me in my mailbox.




  From the very beginning, I knew I was going to love Dianna Dann and her book. Her characters, her story and her writing can only be described as John Green-ish, and in my opinion, that's pretty huge.
  Camelia is an emotional story that will capture you and keep you on your toes the whole way through. I fell so in love with this book that about a quarter of the way through I announced to anyone that would listen, "It has officially become a favorite book of mine!"
  I can't say much more. Camelia has stolen my heart, and now when someone asks "What are some of your favorite books?" it will be on that list. This book is one of the best books I've ever read. I will say that it's taken a place on my "Top Five Favorite Books" list.
  I'm very honored to say that I have this book on my shelf, and I will recommend it to anyone and everyone.  

Book                                ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment