Thursday, October 10, 2013

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake




  I had never heard of Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake until it was picked for my local book club's book of the month. I downloaded an e-copy from Amazon to my iTouch, and as soon as I started the first chapter, I was hooked.
  The book starts with Cas Lowood, a high school student who constantly moves from place to place because of his occupation...ghost hunting. Cas' father was the family ghost hunter before him, and when his father is brutally murdered by an evil spirit, Cas takes it upon himself to follow his family's legacy and go after ghosts until he finds the one who murdered his father. But it doesn't end there.
  Cas has now moved to a new town with his mother (and cat) to seek out and extinguish the town's terrifying vengeful spirit, Anna. Anna Dressed in Blood.
  Oh my gosh, I can't even- this is truly one of the best books I've ever read. Cas is one of my favorite characters to ever narrate a book. His friends are lovable and Kendare Blake's female characters DO NOT irritate me. Crazy, right?
  When I was reading about Cas and Anna, I was entranced, I was hooked and I fell in love. I immediately rated the book five stars and when the sequel came out, I fell in love with the story even more. I don't understand why these books aren't more popular! There's romance, violence, scary stuff and from the very beginning- from the very first CHAPTER, it was emotional.
  Cas' personality, Kendare's characters, and the spookiness and plot aside, the author didn't hold back on violence. And another thing I loved about Anna Dressed in Blood is that she didn't make the romance in this story sickening and unrealistic, which in YA books is very uncommon.
  The Anna Dressed in Blood characters were just so...normal.
  I don't know what else to say aside from the fact that this book is amazing, absolutely and incredibly amazing. I rated it five stars without even hesitating, I've suggested it to many friends and strangers, and I will continue to do so.


Book                                ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment