Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Raver by Candace Carrabus



  Raver has one of the most intriguing plots I've ever researched before starting a book. Let me tell you about it!
  Lauren Gallagher's marriage is officially over. After years of her and her husband arguing over anything and everything (including owning horses and having children), their marriage is over and done with. Lauren tries to put the pieces of her life back together, and goes to live with her brother and his family on their farm.
  One day, as Lauren is wrapping up her work at the stables, a strange man approaches her from the woods and inquires about a horse...one that can save the world that he's just come from. But little does Lauren know that his world needs her as well. She is the Horsecaller. The dying land of Cirq needs the Horsecaller to come and bring back the horses that will inevitably bring their land back to life.
  Raver is positively packed full of adventure and intrigue.
  Candace Carrabus' writing also brought back my insane desire to work with horses again.
  I thought Raver was quite enjoyable! The story was well told, the characters were not irritating in any way, there was enough romance in it to satisfy the most hopeless romantic, and the ending had one wanting more.
  I think I read in the back of my copy that Raver will have a sequel, and I very well hope so! I definitely thought towards the end that Lauren and Leinos' story was far from over.
  If you love fantasy, this book was written for you. If you don't particularly care for fantasy, you might not love it, but give it a try. I should know, I was recently brought over to the dark side that is fantasy.



Book                                ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment