Monday, January 13, 2014

Wolf Sirens: Forbidden: Discover The Legend by Tina Smith



  When I was first approached to read the Wolf Sirens series by author Tina Smith, I was excited about it, like all of my soon-to-be book reviews. It was a new series, a new author, a new experience, and overall, a new adventure. The plot was enticing, but I didn't want to jump the gun and say that I was too in love with the idea of this story. So, I dove into Tina Smith's book, Wolf Sirens: Forbidden, and began my adventure in this series...
  Like every exciting YA book, Forbidden started with a new girl, in a new town, beginning a new life in a new school. But that's where the similarities ended. Tina Smith's writing is so intelligent and sophisticated, it instantly broke the YA, stereotypical mold. Lila Crain unwillingly moves to Shade with her constantly absent mother, and she's immediately and abnormally accepted into the "cool kids" group.
  Lila knows something's up; no cool group would ever accept a chubby new girl this quickly. Dashing Reid and stunning Sky are also attracted to Lila, but in a more romantic way which just solidifies Lila's speculations that something's amiss.
  Shortly into the story, oddball Cresida shows Lila that these "teens" may not be as human as they seem...but that's silly. There's no such thing as werewolves...is there?
  While doing some research on the Wolf Sirens series (as I always do when I'm approached to read a book) I found a not-so-very nice review of the first book, Forbidden, and I was appalled. Beyond appalled, I was gob-smacked. I kept tallies on their criticisms as I read on in the book, and I will honestly tell you, my readers, that I did not find ANY of the imperfections that this blogger pointed out.
  Forbidden is amazing. And not just in a, "Oh, this is great." way, The Wolf Sirens series is fantastic, and that's that. I cannot wait to read on.


Book                                 ebook
           

2 comments: