Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell



  Attachments is the third book I've read by Rainbow Rowell, and it is now one of my favorites. Of course, I say it's one of my favorites, but as of now there are literally only three books of hers out. But I love them all, so my "favorites" title still stands.
  Lincoln has just taken a job in computer security at the local newspaper, where his only responsibility is to read through emails and make sure that everyone is behaving. No inappropriate language, no illegal internet surfing, and the like.
  In the process, he comes across Jennifer and Beth, and their incredibly entertaining back and forth emails. They discuss everything from their relationships, to the people who work with them, to their futures. Lincoln should flag them, and stop reading their emails...but he can't.
  Lincoln is so charming and lovable, I just couldn't stand it! He was absolutely precious.
  Also, after reading Eleanor and Park, Fangirl, and Attachments, I've noticed that this is the first novel that Rainbow Rowell has written in a male's perspective. She did an excellent job!
  My opinion on the stories does not differ per perspective, I love them all equally. (Eleanor and Park has a little more of an advantage because...well, it was just so incredible.)
  Rainbow Rowell is one of my all-time favorite authors, she is truly remarkable.
  Her characters are so everyday and normal, you would think that they just walked onto the page from real life.
  Attachments, unlike Eleanor and Park and Fangirl, is actually an adult book, not written for young adults. Although I can see any age reading it. I don't see a difference really. (Except for the fact that Attachments is written about adults, and the same goes for Eleanor and Park and Fangirl being about young adults.)
  In my opinion, her books are interchangeable. Everyone can read them and everyone should.



Book                                 ebook
          

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Rebecca! Can't wait to read it when I'm done with Fangirl.

    ReplyDelete