Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sex in the Title by Zack Love Review and Interview






My Review for Sex in the Title by Zack Love


  The book title "Sex in the Title" may immediately set off warning signals in your head, implying that the book is filled with steamy sex scenes and raunchy type characters, constantly spewing sexual innuendos. You may think, "I can't even tell anyone that I'm reading this book! It's too embarrassing," and not read it for that reason.
  I for one, was interested to see where this "Sex in the Title" would go. Would I like it? Will I be completely embarrassed the whole way through reading it?
  Instead, I held the book in my hands, looked at my friends and acquaintances with a crazy glint in my eye and said, "Read...this...book..."
  Sex in the Title was absolutely INCREDIBLE!
  It had me doubled over laughing, it had me borderline crying at one point, and the entire time I was just blissfully happy that I got to enjoy this book for so long. I didn't want to rush it! Every chapter was hysterical and incredible.
  Sex in the Title follows the love lives, sex lives, and relationships of five men: Evan, Heeb, Carlos, Narc, and Trevor. These men all come from different origins and all different walks of life, but they all have one thing in common. None of them can find love.
  I think if I were to nominate a book for "Funniest Book of the Year," it would be Sex in the Title by Zack Love. It is hysterical, sweet, adorable, and positively one of my favorite books of the year so far.
  I have and will continue to recommend this book to everyone I know, it was just that incredible!
  Sex in the Title is my cup of tea!



Book                                 ebook
           



An Interview with Author Zack Love


The Literary Connoisseur: Hello, Zack! Thank you so much for joining me and my fans for a Q&A about yourself, your life, and your work! If you're ready, let's begin. Which of your main characters would you say you identify with the most? Evan, Heeb, Narc, Carlos, or Trevor? 

Zack Love: There's a bit of me in each of these men!  


The Literary Connoisseur: How did the plot for Sex in the Title come to you? What was your inspiration? 

Zack Love: I've always been fascinated by women, relationships, etc. There is no detail in any story that is exactly from my life but most details are inspired by something and then I imagine something much more interesting happening in the story. The story details sort of came together spontaneously -- in response to brainstorming and/or funny observations from life/friends/etc.


The Literary Connoisseur: How true to real life is the Sex in the Title story for you?

Zack Love: My crazy bio may be the best answer to that question:

AUTHOR BIO:

Zack Love graduated from Harvard College, where he tried to create a bachelor’s degree in Women. With the bachelor portion of that degree in hand, he settled in New York City but – to afford renting his bed-sized studio – found himself flirting mostly with a computer screen and stacks of documents. Determined not to die a corporate drone, Zack decided to sacrifice sleep for screenwriting, an active social life, and Internet startups offering temporary billion-dollar fantasies.

To feed his steady diet of NYC nightlife, he regularly crashed VIP parties in the early 2000s and twice bumped into his burgeoning crush, a Hollywood starlet. But – much to Zack’s surprise – neither of those awkward conversations led to marriage with the A-list actress. Zack eventually consoled himself by imagining fiascoes far worse than those involving his celebrity crush. In the process, he dreamed up a motley gang of five men inspired by some of his college friends and quirky work colleagues. And thus was born Sex in the Title. But the novel is not autobiographical: Zack never had his third leg attacked by any mammal (nor by any plant, for that matter). In fact, keeping his member safe has been one of Zack’s lifelong goals – and one of the few that he’s managed to accomplish.



The Literary Connoisseur: Many authors base main and secondary characters on people and friends they know in real life. Did you base any of your characters on anyone you know? 

Zack Love: These were composites of people. Each character had many traits from many different people. 


The Literary Connoisseur: Have you always known that you wanted to be a writer? 

Zack Love: Yes.


The Literary Connoisseur: If you could say anything to aspiring authors, what would you say? 

Zack Love: Look around you and you'll find a story nearby, as long as you unleash your imagination.


The Literary Connoisseur: What would you like your fans to know? Is there anything you'd like to tell them? 

Zack Love: Thank you so much for your support! The positive reviews help to lift morale when sales are down!  :-) 


The Literary Connoisseur: What would you like to say to possible new fans of yours? What would you like to say to those who are just reading your work, and those who are going to read your work in the future? 

Zack Love: I don't conform to any particular formula or genre. My stories and writing are totally out of the box, so it's best to read with an open mind...


The Literary Connoisseur: Are you currently working on any new projects? 

Zack Love: This is my next release: http://sexinthetitlebook.com/other-works/waiting-for-2000-a-comedy-by-zack-love/


The Literary Connoisseur: Where would you like to see yourself in ten years? 

Zack Love: Able to look back ten years and say, "Well that was a decade well spent!"


The Literary Connoisseur: Zack, thank you so much again for stopping by The Literary Connoisseur and answering some questions about yourself. My fans and I greatly appreciate your time! 

Zack Love: Thanks so much for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment