Thursday, July 31, 2014

11/22/63 by Stephen King




  Because of my recent binge on Stephen King's work, I have observed something quite interesting about how his stories have progressed over the years. Now, this may just be my opinion, but there's an undeniable speculation that's been circulating amongst Mr. King's fans.
  Stephen King's writing has gotten better.
  Not just his writing either, his stories too. His stories have grown from, "Oh my gosh, this is creepy" to "I may never look at life the same way ever again." No joke, his new stories are pretty life-changing.
  And thanks to 11/22/63, I may never hear Glenn Miller's "In the Mood" without sobbing, ever again.
  Jake Epping has just read one of the most emotional essays in the history of his career as an English teacher. Harry, who wrote the essay, wrote about that Halloween night in '58, when his father murdered his entire family. Jake is overwrought with emotion and gives Harry's paper an A+, completely blowing off all of Harry's grammatical errors.
  That night, Jake receives a call from Al, the owner of Al's Diner, and he's told to come quickly. There's something Al needs to tell him before he dies.
  Al has found a time portal to 1958, and he's requesting Jake go back in time...
  ...and stop the American tragedy known as the Kennedy Assassination.
  This book had me intrigued, literally, from the very first page. Stephen King has outdone himself in this story. He shows his romantic side, his brilliance, and ultimately his magical way of capturing his readers' interest, luring them into an irresistible story with extremely lovable characters. He toys with your emotions as if they were nothing but old and used Lincoln Logs.
  When I read Doctor Sleep, the unofficial "sequel" to The Shining, I thought that it would remain unbeatable by Stephen King's other novels.
  I was wrong.



Book                                 ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment