Saturday, February 14, 2015

Death Lies Between Us by Jody A. Kessler






  Juliana Crowson has always had a second sight. She's always been special. But until the day when she comes face to face (literally) with death, she won't know how truly special she is...until she meets him. 
  Nathaniel is stuck in a post-death career he has no interest in being in...he helps souls pass on to the next life after they've died. Nothing comes between him and his job until he meets Juliana. 
  But will love blind his duties as an angel of death? Will he be so distracted by her beauty that he'll even change the outcome of things just to keep her safe? 
  Death Lies Between Us started out very promising. As soon as I started it, I knew this would be a book I could quickly become sucked into. I'm not typically one to fall in love with paranormal romances often, but this plot was very different from anything you'd find on YA paranormal shelves. 
  I would definitely say that I liked it a lot. Jody A. Kessler's writing was full of beautiful descriptions, but not overly so to the point of the book becoming dull. 
  I understand that this book wouldn't be appealing to everyone, because not everyone falls in love with paranormal plots very easily (or at all), but Death Lies Between Us truly is a fun read. 
  Sometimes it's rough trying to find genuinely strong heroines in books, especially YA books, but I've found one in Death Lies Between Us. Juliana was a very strong female character, and a very likable one. 
  I don't know if I would say that this series (because yes, it is a series) is one of my all-time favorite series in the world, but I will read on to see what adventure, romance, and excitement lies in store for Juliana, Nathaniel, and all of the lost souls in the in between. 
  If you're looking for a truly good paranormal romance, pick up Death Lies Between Us. You won't be disappointed. 
   


Book                                 ebook
           

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the fantastic review! Cheers and happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete