Monday, July 1, 2013

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire



  This book has caused a lot of heartburn and made my blood pressure rise so many times, I've had to stop counting.
  Like Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, Beautiful Disaster has an alpha male as the love interest, and a young, doe-eyed girl as the heroine. UNLIKE Fifty Shades of Grey, Beautiful Disaster annoyed and frustrated me with its immature, back and forth "flirtatious" mind games.
  Travis "Mad Dog" Maddox is a self-centered, misogynistic man who controls Abby "Pigeon" Abernathy's social life and love life, and controls who she sees and what she does.
  And does this heroine stop it?
  NO.
  Instead she attempts to speak up, but as soon as Travis bats those pretty little eyelashes, she shrugs off whatever controlling and obnoxious thing he's done and says it's because he cares about her.
  Really?
  He's not letting you date other men, when he claims that you two are "just friends" and you chalk it up to "he's just looking out for me?"
  My inner feminist is shrieking in outrage right now.
  I don't understand this latest obsession and fascination with controlling and (in Travis' case and in my opinion) aggressive protagonists. This book was almost as excruciating as getting my wisdom teeth pulled out.
  I at least had knock out gas for that.
  I wanted to like this book, I really did. But for some reason, Travis and "Pigeon's" love story didn't capture my heart.
  But as a lover of literature- even if I hate it- I finish the book no matter what. I'm just thankful it's over and I never have to read it ever again.

Book                               ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment