Monday, July 8, 2013

The Last Hour by Charles Sheehan-Miles



  As I type this review, my eyes are fuzzy and stinging from dried up tears.
  Now, I've cried many times in various books, but in The Last Hour, I cried The Fault in Our Stars and The Book Thief tears. For those who have never read The Fault in Our Stars or The Book Thief, just imagine everything sad that could possibly happen to your favorite character and in literature period.
  That's how I felt at the end of The Last Hour by Charles Sheehan-Miles.
  When I wrote my book review for A Song For Julia (the second book in the Thompson Sisters series) I stated that it was my favorite out of Charles Sheehan-Miles' books.
  Now I think I have to take that back.
  The Last Hour was so different and emotional- so heartbreaking and addicting.
  It should have taken me no time to finish The Last Hour, but I think because I was putting off the inevitable and because I didn't want to say goodbye to his characters just yet, I had to stretch it out over a week/weekend.  Even now I find myself longing to be back with the Thompson Sisters.
  The story will grab you, the writing will entrance you and the characters will make you laugh, cry and fall in love.
  This book, Carrie and Ray, will forever hold a place in my heart.

 Book                                ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment