Monday, July 22, 2013

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert



  Now this is a book where I understand the hype!
  Eat, Pray, Love was so talked about, almost everyone I knew had read it. Women loved it, men loved it and within the past few years, it became a movie. I was a little late to the Eat, Pray, Love craze, but boy did I catch up when I got to read it!
  Elizabeth Gilbert (or "Liz" Gilbert, as she's called by friends) has just gone through a really rough patch in her life, a few years after her overwhelmingly traumatizing divorce. So she ventures out on a trip to Italy, India and Indonesia to find food, faith and herself (and in my opinion, renewed hope for love and a romantic future).
  Eat, Pray, Love is semi- (if not completely) autobiographical, so when I read all about Liz's character, adventures and misadventures, Elizabeth Gilbert climbed to the top of my "Most Inspiring People" list. I absolutely adore her! She's so normal...no nonsense, clear headed (most likely because of mistakes she's made in the past) and most of all, the heroine of her own life.
  Eat, Pray, Love has to be one of my all time favorite books.
  I'm not normally one for enjoyably reading an author's narrative (when the author narrates their life story, what's going on, etc. and not dialogue), but in this book I welcomed it. I could listen to Elizabeth Gilbert talk about her life adventures all day if she wanted to! I aspire to be like her when I grow older, I want to travel and eat, travel and make friends, read, write and have adventures.
  Normally I'm not the type of reader who goes along with the hype of a book, but now I'm proud to say I'm a HUGE fan of Eat, Pray, Love.

Book                               ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment