Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth




  As most of you may know, I am an avid reader of dystopian society books. I love, love, love them! Everything about them; the strong characters, the rebellion, the love, the violence- everything! And as some of you may know, I've read a great deal of them as well.

The Hunger Games- check! 

Matched- check! 

The Giver- check!

Fahrenheit 451- check!

And many others...

  So now, I can add the Divergent trilogy to that list. I had started Divergent and Insurgent a while ago (when they were first being talked about), and thought they were brilliant. Not my absolute favorite dystopian series/society, but a fantastic one nonetheless. I thought Tris was awesome, Four was lovable (and swoon-able), and the plot kept me on the edge of my seat. 
  Like The Hunger Games and Matched, Divergent takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting. The rules and morals of North America have been changed, and a dystopian world has risen from the ashes of the previous world, and not for the better. 
  Divergent has an awesome plot. An awesome, awesome plot. Fast-paced, scary, serious, worrisome and absolutely brilliant. 
  I was quickly addicted. 
  Then I read Insurgent, the second book in the Divergent trilogy, and I became just as addicted to it as I was to the first one. It was more political and narrative than the first novel (which was more action packed and had the introductions of the characters which kept me on my toes), but it didn't dilute the plot for me at all. In fact, I think I may like Insurgent MORE than Divergent!
  After that, it was a while before I got any Allegiant news...no publication date or anything. No title...no nothing. I quickly began to forget my infatuation with Veronica Roth's novels. I would see other fans freak out about the books and I would just shrug my shoulders. Then I read Matched by Ally Condie. Boy did I love Matched!  It climbed my "Favorite Books" list and started kicking other favorites out of their placements...including Divergent. Divergent and Veronica Roth were still loved and cherished in my library, but without Allegiant, my love became less and less outward. 
  But HUZZAH! Word of Allegiant got out! Fangirls were climbing out from under rocks to celebrate the joyous day that is "Allegiant Day" (October 22nd 2013).  
  The book came out and I hugged it, kissed it, worshiped it and bowed down to it. (*Not an overreaction because my copy is signed by Veronica Roth herself.*) 
  Well...now it's November 7th...and I've finished Allegiant. 
  My blog is where I do spoiler free book reviews. I will not give anything away, but I will tell you how the book in general made me feel, so you can go pick up a copy yourself, read it, and understand the feelings that I have felt. That is my goal here as The Literary Connoisseur.
  So I will say this...OH. MY. GOSH, Veronica Roth, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME? What have you done to your readers? Your faithful and loving readers? Why, Veronica, WHY? 
  If I wasn't too crazy about the Divergent trilogy before, Allegiant has turned me into a stark-raving mad fangirl that worships Ms Roth. I don't know why she did what she did...but it sure left an impact on me. The Divergent series is a magnificent one. It's still not an ABSOLUTE favorite of mine, but I will always get a burst of excitement, sentiment and happiness when I see the Divergent cover.


Divergent


Book                                ebook
          



Insurgent


Book                                ebook
          



Allegiant 


Book                                 ebook
          



Or if you want all three...


Books                               ebooks
          

No comments:

Post a Comment