Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Wizard's Lot by A.M. Justice (Plus A Look Back at Blade of Amber)





  Not too long after I first started blogging, I was approached by author A.M. Justice to read and review her first book, Blade of Amber. I immediately fell in love with the story and Ms Justice's writing and I never looked back. I often private messaged A.M. telling her how much I loved her book over and over and OVER again.
  I'm pretty sure she quickly got tired of my persistent messages! (Joking, I know authors appreciate positive feedback every chance they get it.)
  I fell so in love with Blade of Amber, I named it one of my top five (six, really) favorite books of 2013. (If you'd like to check out the whole list, click here!)
  Long story short (decently short, sorry, I tend to go into extreme detail when I tell stories), I fell in love with A.M. Justice's writing, and when she asked me to review A Wizard's Lot (book two in the Woern Chronicles) I was more than happy to oblige.
  I'd be lying if I said that A Wizard's Lot didn't live up to my expectations.
  Things are chaotic in this continuation of the Woern chronicles for main characters Vic, Bethniel, Ashel, and Earnk, and in one specific case, tragic as well. And if you thought that Lornk Korng's story was over, you are dead wrong. You will most definitely see more of Lornk in this next installment.
  As I read on in A.M. Justice's A Wizard's Lot, I was shocked and incredibly impressed with the way she phrases things and writes. Her storytelling is pretty impeccable, if I do say so myself.
  Also, another thing I adore about these books (there are many, many things, but I'll just name a few...), is Vic, Blade of Amber and A Wizard's Lot's main character. She's independent, not reliant on anyone else, she's strong, she faces her fears, and...well, to put it bluntly, she kicks ass. Literally and figuratively.
  If you're looking for an action based series with a deep and intriguing plot, these books are the books for you.



Book                                   ebook
          



Book                                  ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment