Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mellifica: Devastating First Love by Melissa Mayberry



  Everything seemed absolutely perfect for Melissa Quinn. She's just turned sixteen, she has the perfect boyfriend, the perfect teen life, and the perfect birthday celebration...until Arien Hart shows up. When Melissa's cousin brings his friend Arien along to Melissa's birthday party and to church camp meetings, Melissa is more than irritated. Arien is creepy, stalker-ish, and...completely irresistible.
  Soon Melissa falls for Arien- and leaves her boyfriend Sandy behind.
  This book had me clenching my fists in frustration from the very beginning. I kept shaking my head and cringing at the choices Melissa (or Mellifica as Arien calls her) was making. I was positively furious.
  From what I've read, Devastating First Love is loosely based on the author's life as a teenager and...oh my gosh, I can't even imagine the (excuse me) hell she went through.
  Chapter after chapter I just thought, "There is no way that this plot could go any more downhill!" I was wrong. Every time.
  I was just so frustrated and angered the entire way through! Every chapter, I kept sighing and saying, "What is going on here?!"
  But eventually I finished it...and I just sat there, not knowing what to make of it. It irritated me, I was beyond angered and frustrated, I wanted to scoff, sigh, roll my eyes, and PLEA for it to be over (the devastation- not the book)...but, I kept thinking about it. I couldn't stop!
  All night I thought, "What did I just read? Is this for real?" And to this day, I still feel the same way. It angered me, and I kind of hated it, but I can't stop thinking about it.
  As I sit here and and reflect back on the book, I've realized what it is that's got me stuck on this story. Mellifica: Devastating First Love is my very own Arien Hart.



Book                                  ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment