Friday, June 13, 2014

Jack Shian and the King's Chalice by Andrew Symon




  The Shian are a part of an underground, secretive world called "The Otherworld." The Otherworld consists of many mythological, powerful, and magical creatures, but most believe that the most dominant creatures of them all are the Shian. They're somewhat like shape-shifting sorcerers... They're powerful, and dangerous if you're on the opposing side of a fight.
  Jack Shian is, of course, a Shian and as his book title suggests, he's on the hunt for the King's Chalice, an object that could possibly make the Destiny Stone return to the full power it once had when reunited with other magical objects.
  Jack Shian and the King's Chalice, I would say, is a middle school/middle grade book, packed full of adventure and humor to keep the young mind entertained. I feel there is nothing inappropriate, nothing overly violent, and nothing that could possibly turn a young reader (and/or their parents) off.
  As for my opinion of the book, I have to say that- in all honesty- I wasn't in love with it. It was enjoyable, I adored Jack, and I was entertained throughout, but it wasn't a genre I would typically pick up on my own. Come to think of it, I am not Andrew Symon's target audience, so I may not be the best person to review this series.
  There are only a few books/series in the fantasy genre that truly captivate me, but I don't typically pick them up to read in my spare time.
  Although, I will read on, because I care enough for the characters and the story to see where they go in the future. I'm rating this book three stars because I liked it. I will most likely recommend it to parents who are looking for books to get their middle-school aged children to read, and I can actually see this book getting popular, but it just wasn't for me.



Book                                ebook
          

No comments:

Post a Comment