Monday, April 6, 2015

Mermaid in a Bowl of Tears by Cindy Brandner






  Have you ever gone through a reading drought where nothing can satisfy that escapism emptiness you need filled? Nothing is quite scratching that itch; the itch that can only be satisfied when you read something truly remarkable? Remarkable to the point where you feel as if you won't be completely sated until you convert all of your friends into avid readers of this particular story?
  I was lucky enough to find that recently. Not only did I read a truly remarkable book, I read a truly remarkable series, by a truly remarkable author.
  Cindy Brandner's Exit Unicorns series scratched my itch.
  I read Exit Unicorns (book one in the Exit Unicorns series) quite a while ago, and it actually took me a bit of time to pick up the second book in her series, Mermaid in a Bowl of Tears. I predict that this was due to my sub-conscious preventing me from coming to the inevitable and heart-breaking end (for now) to the series, as there are only three books currently out.
  Mermaid in a Bowl of Tears (Mermaid for short) follows Exit Unicorns' four major key characters, Casey and Pamela, who are husband and wife, Patrick, Casey's brother, and Jamie (a very big favorite of Ms Brandner's readers) and Pamela's best friend. We follow these three as they face the ugliness and the beauty of Ireland in the 1960s and 1970s.
  At this point in time, I have finished all of Cindy Brandner's Exit Unicorns books, and I would have to say that Mermaid is my favorite book of hers, followed closely by Flights of Angels, book three.
  Mermaid hooked me instantly. Even though I hadn't picked up a Brandner book in quite some time previous to this, I felt as if no time had gone by whatsoever and I was catching up with old friends, as soon as my eyes hit the very first word on the very first page.
  I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that Cindy Brandner's writing has only improved and blossomed over time. It seems that the more words she writes, the more they flow and become perfection.
  Cindy Brandner is a natural born storyteller. Readers of her work will find themselves easily captivated with the world she has created, and will find themselves sucked into her stories while losing track of time in every day life.
  That is the key indicator of an amazing piece of literature, and Cindy Brandner has created it. She has raised a bar for my taste in books, and I don't plan on seeing it lowered any time soon.



Book                               ebook
            


No comments:

Post a Comment