Sunday, March 29, 2015

Awake by Lana Moon






  Eve Cleary has never been the same since her entire family was killed in a horrific and sudden tornado. She has sweaty and violent nightmares every night, and every day she is haunted by her traumatizing past. Eve thinks she'll never be okay ever again. Nothing can make her feel as happy as she was before her family was killed...
  ...until Victor shows up.
  Victor is an incubus, a male demon that feeds on women's desires and lust. But although Victor is handsome, charming, suave, and knows exactly what Eve needs to make her sleep at night, can you really lay your life on the line for a demon?
  Eve is restless. Eve is wanting. And now, Eve is irresistibly drawn to a creature both good, and bad for her...
  I am being completely honest with you when I tell you that I genuinely had a rough time with this book. The story was promising, Eve's trauma touched me in a way that I didn't imagine, and I absolutely had no objections to reading this story when I first started it.
  But, I'm very sorry to say, this book just didn't do it for me. I know many readers who would happily devour this book in an extremely eager way. No buts, honestly. I could see this book appealing to a lot of readers. Although, for me, there was too much sex to keep my interest in the plot. I felt almost as if every time I would become interested in what was happening again, the next chapter would be filled with sexual tension and acts. Normally I just breeze through scenes that don't interest me when it comes to romance, but this book was very short. I didn't want to breeze through it and end up breezing through the entire book (and important and key scenes) just because there was sex.
  Lana Moon's writing was perfectly fine, I enjoyed the plot (especially the scenes with Eve's sarcastic best friend and her boyfriend), Eve's back story touched my heart, but I just couldn't get past all of the sex.
  I encourage my readers who enjoy romances, erotica, and steamy books to read this book and let me know what you think.
  Just because it wasn't my cup of tea doesn't mean that it won't be yours!



ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment