Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Haunted by Janel Gradowski



  Haunted is a collective of spooky and frightening short stories that'll have you hiding under a blanket with a flashlight, questioning every creak and rattle that occurs in your house. Each tale is spookier than the next! I read Haunted during the day, with all of the windows of my house open and I had to get up and put my back to a wall to make sure nothing was sneaking up behind me.
  Yeah...I was a bit spooked.
  Though Haunted is convincingly scary and terrifying, it is beautifully written and just overall an incredible book. Some of the short stories had me breathless...I just had to rate it five stars. Not because it's the best book in the entire world (there's no such thing), but because it will leave a lasting impression on me and because it's so small and easy to read, I do see myself picking it up and reading it again.
  I love Janel Gradowski's books because you can pick them up at any time, read a quick story, and not feel like you're missing out on anything when you have to put your bookmark in. You pick up a copy of The Queen of Bad Decisions or Haunted, you read a short story and you feel satisfied. Then when you're ready again, you can pick it back up and read another story.
  There are two particular stories that had me on the edge of my seat, and those were "Sequestered" and "Strangers." I can't say much, because I don't want to give away anything important, but goodness did these two stories get my heart palpitating.
  Overall, fantastic. Fantastic short stories and fantastic story telling.


ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment