Thursday, December 26, 2013

Our Totally, Ridiculous, Made-Up Christmas Relationship by Brittainy C. Cherry



  I'm always disappointed when the day after Christmas comes, and the Holly-Jolly cheer is technically gone... But this year, I had a wonderful little novella to keep the spirit alive, at least for one more day, if not for longer. I got to read Brittainy C. Cherry's Our Totally, Ridiculous, Made-Up Christmas Relationship.
  Kayden is tired of being demeaned and belittled by his family for not having a steady career and for becoming an amateur actor. Jules is just about to quit dating, period, when her boyfriend breaks up with her and she has to go spend Christmas with her family...and her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her and fathered a child with her own sister. Jules needs a fake boyfriend for the holidays, and Kayden needs an acting job with good pay... Here starts their Totally Ridiculous, Made-Up Christmas Relationship.
  As soon as I started this novella, I knew that I was going to rate it five stars, and that it would quickly become a favorite story of mine. Brittainy C. Cherry's characters deliver phenomenal humor and comedic timing, they're incredibly normal and in absolutely no way pretentious (even the characters that were unlikable, were likable in my opinion!), and their relationship is beyond heartwarming.
  Reason 4,923 why I love this book is because of the side-clutching, knee slapping, close to wetting my pants humor. Some of the scenes in this novella had me laughing so hard, I had to read them out loud so that my friends and family would understand why I was in hysterics.
  Brittainy C. Cherry's work is positively magnificent. I consider myself incredibly lucky that I was able to get my hands on an ARC (Advance Reader's Copy), and meet the author this holiday season.
  I will suggest this book to friends, family, Christmastime lovers, perfect strangers, book lovers...I will recommend, suggest and send this book to anyone and everyone! I, The Literary Connoisseur, LOVED Our Totally, Ridiculous, Made-Up Christmas Relationship.


ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment