Friday, September 5, 2014

Duma Key by Stephen King




  After a horrific accident that left him emotionally scarred, divorced, and an amputee, Edgar decides to take a break from his now horrid life, and rent a house on the island of Duma Key.
  Although, he bites off more than he can chew when he meets the intriguing occupants of the Key, regains his love of painting, and comes across ghosts that should have stayed undiscovered...
  I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did. Before I read this book, I had already read, enjoyed, and completely fallen in love with two other Stephen King books; Doctor Sleep and 11/22/63. Both were exceptional, and both had me completely in a bundle of tears.
  I started Duma Key, not expecting to love it as much as I did, and I dove into the story.
  I have to say that so far, no other Stephen King novel has spooked me as much as Duma Key. There was one scene I read at night that freaked me out so much, I had to put my back to a wall and tuck my feet up under my butt so nothing grabbed me.
  Paranoid? Maybe. But it was freaky!
  Now, that was expected. I already knew from my mother that it was scary, since she read it before me and would occasionally whimper every time something spooky happened.
  What I didn't expect was my reaction to the book after I closed the back cover.
  I cried, hard.
  It was beautiful. Edgar's story was incredible, Stephen King's secondary characters were positively wonderful (wait until Wireman is introduced), and the entire novel left such a huge impact on me, I cried as much as I did in 11/22/63 and Doctor Sleep.
  And you know what? I have to say that it was bumped to the top three of my "Favorite Stephen King Books" list.



Book                                ebook
          


No comments:

Post a Comment